New Principal. Update from Punakha HSS.

Mr. Yesh B Ghaley

(This writing may not be of much interest to people who are not related to Punakha HSS.)
You hear words and you form images in your head, bits of colors, vague outlines and broken figures come together like pieces of puzzles to give life to your interpretation of the person. You try to form a picture as close as possible to the real man from the information you gather. It’s an interesting game and you may marvel at the many pictures you form and reject in your mind. This is what I did when I heard that my school was getting a new principal.

I heard his name, ‘Yesh B Ghaley’, and instantly images started forming in my head. Later I heard more about him, a little from here and a little from there, the picture became clearer.

Like one of the supporting staff described him after seeing him, ‘very hansom’, very true, he is hansom. But beyond the good looks, I found him overwhelmingly powerful. I don’t know if my opinion will remain the same but his first address to the students and teachers in his first morning assembly speech surely was. One of the madams said she was now his fan.

The stereotypical definition of personality is greatly dominated by body fat or physical size in our society. The quintessential boss in the Bhutanese mindset is fat because of the dominant role that the boss should play. However, this is changing and I do see flickers of that promising change in my new principal. My new principal is not fat, he is tall but he is not huge, yet he has such a compelling personality. He is not feisty but composed. Some one said this is the first time that Punakha HSS got a tall Principal.

My old principal, when he was leaving the school, told us that he was passing us onto better hands. At the moment I don’t doubt his words and am hopeful I will never get the chance to doubt him.

Comments

  1. reading your post....i remember my high school days...when my school got a new principal...he gave us some speech in mess and everyone laughed for some reason...and he said to u.."Infact you people got a big ass......."..lol
    But in long run, he proved to be so good....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just desire to say your article is as astonishing.
    The clearness in your post is just great and i can assume
    you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep up to
    date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.


    Also visit my blog post ... book of ra - bookofraspieler.com -

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky to teach in Bhutan

Exam Hour

On a Morning Assembly Speech.